Vegan Quesadilla Round Up
A healthier alternative to an apple crumble: Baked Oatmeal with Apples and Berries
My refusal to put butter, sugar or milk into my breakfasts lead me to go solo in trying out this dish, and what I discovered was that just as with most things, it was a dish perfect without butter, sugar or milk. The fruits were oozing their juices and it was warm, wholesome and naturally sweet. As simple as making oatmeal but way jazzier and more delicious:
- Preheat the oven at 200 degrees farenheit
- Soften your apples a little by cooking it with water in a pan (or just put them in a microwave). I used about half an apple.
- Add berries to your softened apples, and put them at the bottom of your baking bowl
- Add oatmeal and twice as much water as your oatmeal, and pour that on top
- Bake at 200 degrees for around 20 minutes, taking it out when the top is dry. Bon appetit!